Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Little Presents

I love this site. It provides free plans for making all kinds of things. And being a girl who tries to stick to some semblance of a budget, it's great to be able to find things that I can make for nearly free. I made an eye pillow for my sister in law for a not-for-any-particular-reason present. I purchased the fabric from a heap of scraps at a fabric store -- it was beautifully red and silky and seemed perfect for this project. It cost about a dollar for enough fabric to make a rectangular pillow that I filled with rice and the envelope to keep the pillow inside.

The beauty of the site is that you can sort the list of projects based on the material cost, time to complete, difficulty level, material and project type. If you're looking for ways to be creative or make little gifts, this is a great way to go. This was quick, easy, and inexpensive and people always love to receive presents when they are not expecting them!

3 Comments:

At 8/24/2005 2:05 AM, Blogger puremood said...

Ah that look very interesting and good for those day one has nothing to do... I have lots of them! LOL

Here via Michele's

 
At 8/24/2005 10:15 AM, Anonymous cyn said...

Ahh, the impressive artist - one who actually can make things by hand. I love it. Thanks for the comments at my blog.

 
At 8/24/2005 10:29 PM, Blogger deputyswife said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

I will have to check out that site. I love to make things for people. This year, for Christmas, I am making bird feeders. Take a long wooden dowel, drill a hole in it at the top. Take a decorative cup and saucer and drill holes in the middle of each. Then screw the cup and saucer into the dowel. Voila, a birdfeeder, lol! You are supposed to set it into the ground and then pour birdseed into the cup. I see them in some gift shops for about $25. I am making each one for about $5 to $6.

Okay, enough about my Christmas gifts. I enjoyed reading your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home