Saturday, September 24, 2005

Where I Stand

Here are my results from a politics survey on OkCupid!


You are a

Social Liberal
(83% permissive)

and an...

Economic Moderate
(43% permissive)

You are best described as a:

Strong Democrat










Link: The Politics Test on Ok Cupid

This test was actually really interesting to take and forced me to examine why I stood where I do, especially on economic issues. For example, I am not concerned about keeping jobs here in America if foreign countries can do it cheaper or better. Yet I'm in favor of the government subsidizing low profit industries (such as farm subsidies). Does this even make sense? On one hand, there is a very laissez-faire approach and on the other there is a much more compassionate and people-centered tack. I'm going to be doing a lot of thining about this over the next few days.

3 Comments:

At 9/24/2005 9:34 PM, Blogger celeste said...

"strong democrat"? My dad would love you. He blames everything on republicans. I try not to get into political discussions with him because he'll go on....and on....

Oh, the slogan, (since you are the only one who answered!) was: The Breakfast of Champions

 
At 9/25/2005 1:08 AM, Blogger War Eagle said...

I took the test and came up as a moderate democrat. I have never voted for a democrat in my life. Weird. Socially i was ranked around 50% and economical as liberal.

 
At 9/26/2005 12:23 AM, Blogger Lish said...

I was socially and economically liberal and a Democrat. Thank goodness. A similar test I took said I was a liberal Republican. I was horrified. Interesting how that showed more people voting for Kerry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home