Saturday, September 10, 2005

Which book?

We have a huge book collection that is only growing larger year by year. It is very difficult to part with them -- we love reading and love having our books all around. There is something that feels comforting and connected in having great stories, advice, and information surrounding us. When we moved to this house we had to have bookshelves installed because the only alternative was to leave towering stacks of books all around the perimeter of the dining room -- not a great way to live, especially with a baby on the way. Our dining table sits in the middle of a library now and it is one of our favorite rooms in the house.

So as you can imagine, we are always on the lookout for our next great book. Today I found a great site that will help you choose your next read. You can select variables like character, plot, setting, or overall tone and characteristics of the book and receive recommendations with brief summaries. For bibliophiles like my husband and me, this site is a great way to find new books whether you choose to buy them or borrow them. I discovered this link on Zeneece's site, which is always a great resource for new (and often funny) information. I hope you enjoy whichbook.net and find something wonderful to read.

6 Comments:

At 9/10/2005 12:47 PM, Blogger Ciera said...

boooks.........drooling....

Here from Michele's today.

I love books...the more the merrier...I guess that's part of the reason why I work in the library...

 
At 9/10/2005 4:27 PM, Blogger kenju said...

Hey, I look at Zeneece's site everyday (but not there today yet). I will be sure to check out the book link; we are book lovers too.

Michele sent me

 
At 9/10/2005 4:58 PM, Blogger ribbiticus said...

thanks for the tip! am such a voracious reader i'd spend the whole day in a bookstore if i could. came via michele. :)

 
At 9/11/2005 9:34 AM, Blogger Indigo said...

I'll have to try whichbook, how neat!

 
At 9/11/2005 10:33 PM, Blogger dena said...

Love all your books. My dream is to have one room with floor to celing shelves...filled shelves.

visting from michele's, and thanks for the cool book link.

 
At 9/12/2005 7:13 PM, Blogger utenzi said...

I can't believe how long it's been since I visited, Laura. I haven't seen a single post on this page.

I'll go visit the site you mention since I'd love to get suggestions on some new authors. The ones I read now don't put out books fast enough. Damn them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home