Saturday, October 08, 2005

Literature Page

Today I followed a link from the Quotations Page and found the Literature Page. From the description on the site:
The Literature Page is your place to read classic books, plays, stories, poems, essays, and speeches online... Our collection currently includes 233 works from 85 authors. We add new titles regularly.
This site is an incredible resource for complete works by amazing authors. I think it's a great format, because you can read these books anywhere you've got an internet connection. You can pick up and drop off reading through the chapter selections so you can quickly jump back to where you left off. One of the highlights for me was the selection of Grimm's fairy tales. I've read some and found it fascinating to compare these grislier stories to the versions passed down to me when I was a child. Browse through this site and you will be amazed at the variety and depth of this collection of fiction and nonfiction.

3 Comments:

At 10/08/2005 8:34 PM, Blogger Michael Manning said...

HI! Michele sent me. I recently posted that bookstore clerks can no longer enjoy the zap when they tell us a book is out of print. I found a $35 book, hard back in Good shape for less that $2.00 on Amazon.com. Isn't that cool? Great site. Stop and visit anytime!

 
At 10/10/2005 10:37 AM, Blogger celeste said...

Thanks!! I am taking a class on child and adolescent literature this semester and the Grimm's tales sound like something I'll definitely want to look into and maybe share with my classmates!

 
At 10/13/2005 9:54 PM, Anonymous lu said...

I'm a shameless quote whore.

Thanks for the links!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home