Saturday, October 15, 2005

My Sweet Pea

Just a brief post tonight as my sister in law is in town. This is the first time she's been able to come meet Gretel and it is amazing seeing the two of them together. This meeting is especially special, because there is so much that these two have in common and also because R. is Joe's only sibling. Gretel is absolutely R.'s clone -- while my daughter does look like her dad, I think she looks even more like her aunt. And the two of them get along so well. It amazes me and takes my breath away when I see family members respond to her the way that they do. It's just this absolute bond straight away and this complete devotion to a girl that they just met. The family members who've met her get on the floor, give her eskimo kisses, cuddle her up and it is one of the best things I think Gretel's got in her life -- people who just love her and show that love in such amazing ways. She is all smiles and loves all of the attention now, but as she grows older I know that it will be this incredible resource that she can draw from and depend on. I am so grateful that I've been able to bring my daughter into a world where she has so much of this wonderful love.

1 Comments:

At 10/16/2005 11:09 PM, Blogger celeste said...

One of the things I almost can't wait for when David and I have children is watching my mom and dad hold them. That will be sweet...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home