Saturday, October 22, 2005

New Sweater and a Hat

A little while ago I wrote about starting a sweater for Gretel. Let's no one look at the date on that post, okay? I've been working on it sporadically, I'll admit, but somehow the sweater that is supposed to take three hours to complete has taken me three weeks. I can't believe it's taken me this long, but I am busier than I thought I guess. Or procrastinating and lazy -- it's hard to tell.

I had yarn left over and since I originally wanted a hooded sweater I decided to make a little hat for her too. This was pretty simple, just a rectangle with a seam and then I added the contrasting strip and string to tie it. The back comes back over the neck of the sweater, so it functions as a hooded sweater really, but gives more versatility to the sweater itself. Joe thought of putting the little balls at the end of the ties -- I think it's adorable.

So they might have taken me a while to complete, but I'm happy with how they turned out. And they really didn't need to take quite so long. Gretel loves playing with them and I'm already looking forward to dressing them in them for our next cold outing.

1 Comments:

At 10/22/2005 9:56 PM, Blogger Trinity13 said...

How cute! You did a great job!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home