Tuesday, November 01, 2005

And So It Begins

Today is the official start of NaNoWriMo. I have to admit that when I thought about facing this challenge it seemed incredibly daunting -- 50,000 words in a month's time. But I sat down and figured that even if I only wrote on 25 days out of the month, I'd only need to write 2,000 words a day. I can only write after Gretel goes to bed, but tonight I wrote 2,400 of those words in two hours. That's not too bad -- if I can keep up this pace throughout the month I definitely think I can reach my goal. Time will tell if it remains this doable, but so far, so good. My posts here will definitely be shorter, though, and probably have an awful lot to do with novel writing. Maybe I'll be able to spice it up with other content on the good writing days. Wish me luck!

6 Comments:

At 11/02/2005 11:16 AM, Blogger Rude Cactus said...

Good luck!!

 
At 11/03/2005 7:27 PM, Blogger Anita said...

Good luck!! I'm working on a novel myself, and I know I could never write 2000 words a day . . .I wish they would not have this during the same month as Thanksgiving! Maybe in March I could get it done.

 
At 11/03/2005 10:52 PM, Blogger celeste said...

What's your writing process like? Did you do any brainstorming or outlining before hand? Are you going to give us any clues as to what your novel is about? too many questions in my head :)

 
At 11/04/2005 2:53 PM, Blogger Ciera said...

I'm trying to do this too. Sadly, I only get an hour at a time here at the library and am notorious about trying to multitask...that is, trying to write, do emails, and blog all at once.!!!

 
At 11/10/2005 6:37 PM, Blogger celeste said...

Dude, where have you been?

 
At 11/20/2005 3:03 PM, Blogger War Eagle said...

Hey,

Have u stopped blogging? I like ur blog. Its one of the ones I read every day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home