Friday, January 13, 2006

Photo Friday: Success

The theme of this Photo Friday is Success. This is another shot from within the Ecosphere pod, a feature which I promise will not be a regular one but that you may recall from this post. Sadly, two of the red shrimp died, leaving the two grey shrimp in control of the pod (and now are turning red -- how strange is that?). Luckily, Brookstone is sending a replacement now. I thought this photo of the grey shrimp perched triumphantly above his deceased red brother was an interesting take on success -- not necessarily how I would define it, but perhaps the way of the Ecosphere. Taken on my Fujifilm FinePix A330, focal length 5.7 mm, exposure time 1/3, aperture f/2.8. Hope you like it! Click the image for a larger view.

10 Comments:

At 1/14/2006 8:45 AM, Blogger celeste said...

what are the little white balls at the bottom?

 
At 1/14/2006 11:10 AM, Blogger Laura GF said...

The little white balls are some kind of gravel. Thanks for taking a look!

 
At 1/14/2006 11:18 AM, Blogger ribbiticus said...

cool! i've never known anyone with an ecosphere before. have you ever taken care of one till it's full grown before? will be back to see how it's progressed...:)

 
At 1/14/2006 11:27 AM, Blogger Prego said...

I think you just put me off of shrimp for good. Brutal creatures.

Love,
P

Here via Michele today.

 
At 1/14/2006 11:31 AM, Blogger Laura GF said...

R - This is our first try with one -- and at less than a week in, two of the four shrimp have kicked the bucket. Hopefully we do better with the new one on the way. I can't imagine it was anything we did, and the company seems to think that they may have had a rough time in shipping. Let's hope so! Thanks for coming by.

 
At 1/14/2006 5:15 PM, Blogger The Godfather said...

Check Out My Mens' Liberation Blog.
It is a blog to take back what our significant others took away from us. Our money, our freedom to have fun, and our manhood! Guys that's where the term ball in chain came from!

Check It Out
even you ladies should have a looksee....

http://mensview.blogspot.com/

 
At 1/14/2006 7:12 PM, Blogger Rude Cactus said...

Great shot. I was wondering what the balls we too!

 
At 1/14/2006 7:19 PM, Blogger Laura GF said...

Dave, have you ever got me pegged. I am always looking for misogynistic, poorly written blogs. Thanks for the tip.

 
At 1/14/2006 10:35 PM, Blogger celeste said...

lol...laura, you answered so well

 
At 1/15/2006 8:03 PM, Anonymous Kat said...

I want to get one of those! I've seen them at Brookstone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home